Education & Work Experience
- Post Graduate courses in Accounting and Finance
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pa.
- Post Graduate courses in Law
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pa.
- 1989 graduate of Leadership Berks
- Housing Advisory Task Force member under Mayor Tom McMahon, Reading, Pa.
- Guest speaker for Berks Community Television (BCTV) Local Issues Forum on Affordable Housing and Banking
- Lecturer on financing and entrepreneurship
- Albright College, Reading, Pa. and St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Financing & Entrepreneurship classes
- Past Board member of Neighborhood Housing Services of Reading, Inc.
- Chairperson of Program Operations Committee
- Past President and Vice-President of Reading-Berks Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Active in a board leadership role since 1988.
- Responsible for many administrative functions of the non-profit agency.
- Instrumental in successfully growing the affiliate to a level which can support 2 full-time and 2 part-time employees and the completion of 30+ Habitat low-income homes.
- Recipient of the 2000 Volunteer Recognition Award for outstanding leadership of a Habitat affiliate by Habitat for Humanity International.
- Current member of Penn State Berks Campus Community and Housing Coalition.
- Member of the Berks County Chamber of Commerce
- Presenter on business planning, bank financing, and economic outlook programs.
- Past Board member of Berks MINDCO (Minority Development Council) and mentor to MINDCO participants.
- Former Board Member of Goodwill Industries of the Keystone Area (GIKA)
- Annual sales exceeding $30 million
- Member of Finance and Golf Committees.
- Volunteer for Penn State-Berks Campus, Boy Scouts of America, Reading Public Museum, Children’s Home of Reading
- Weed & Seed member, United Way of Berks County.
- Mentor, Reading School District, Lauer’s Park Elementary School
- Elder, St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, West Lawn, PA.
- Active with Stewardship, Budget, Nominating and Finance Committees.
Read more about Peter’s contributions to the Reading-Berks Habitat for Humanity